Sunday, May 27, 2012

Spot Dessert Bar - East Village

I wanted to do a dessert blog and the first place that popped up in my mind was Spot Dessert Bar. It's not my number one favorite place to go for dessert, but it's conveniently located on St.Mark's Place (5-10 minute walk from NYU main campus) and they offer a variety of desserts including cupcakes, cookies, macarons, ice cream, bubble tea, and much more. But what Spot is known for is their creative dessert tapas. My favorites are Chocolate Green Tea Lava and Soft Cheesecake. 
(Click here for a full tapas menu!) 

The atmosphere here is quite cozy and the interior is minimalistic with dim lighting. So if you are a man, take your woman out for a nice treat and impress her with your choice of dessert ;)

Tahitian Coconut Cupcake & Macaron

 Chocolate Green Tea Lava! 
The best part is when the hot, thick chocolate flows out and mixes with the cold green tea ice cream. 

They have a variety of ice cream flavors with a lot of topping choices but I wouldn't come here just for the ice cream. The taste is mediocre and they only give you one scoop which is not enough to satisfy a sweet tooth like me. Same goes for the macarons. If you are a macaron fanatic, try Bouchon Bakery in Columbus Circle. (I'll have to blog about this place soon!)

But one thing I have to warn you about this place is how crowded it can get at night. The line gets long, especially right around dinner time, and the service isn't as friendly since the servers are busy catering to multiple customers. But I would recommend checking this place out if you are in the city and want to try some unique sweet treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment