Monday, July 16, 2012

BIG GAY ICE CREAM SHOP - Alphabet City

Following pride week, I hit up a late night dessert spot located in Alphabet City .
I've heard some good things about Big Gay Ice Cream Shop, like their crazy and creative menu, but boy it's not fun waiting for almost half an hour to get a cone of ice cream. 
And it was a Thursday night around 11 p.m...! 

Waiting in line outside of the shop 
This is the window looking into the shop.
I was very excited by the time I finally arrived  so close to the store.
So all of the items on the menu are pretty special, but the most popular menu I heard is the "Salty Pimp."
Here are the treats before they disappeared into my oral cavity.
Salty Pimp
This is vanilla ice cream & Dulce de Leche & sprinkles of sea salt (which explains its name)
and they dunk the ice cream in chocolate.
 A sweet treat indeed
Cococone
This was just plain vanilla ice cream BUT sprinkled with toasted curried coconut.
I got this one because I was curious to try the curried coconut on the ice cream but  the flavor was below my expectation (I might have set my bar too high for this one though, due to the long line I had to wait in!)

So here is the short summary of my trip to Big Gay Ice Cream Shop. It's definitely worth visiting (many yelpers said a lot of positive things as well) and I would recommend trying the Salty Pimp.
Oh and the workers here are super nice and friendly so do chat with them and ask about their favorite flavor/ recommendation!

No comments:

Post a Comment