Saturday, June 9, 2012

Hane Sushi - Stuyvesant Town

So recently, I began working in a research lab and this past week was my first, full week working full-time. And today, a rather sunny Friday, was the most perfect day to have a get-together dinner with some of my fellow student researchers.
Since we each have a different work schedule, we decided to go somewhere close to our labs. We ended up choosing Hane Sushi, a Japanese sushi bar and restaurant between Stuyvesant town an Peter Cooper Village. 


Outdoor seating area.
(Sorry for the badly-taken photo but this was my attempt at sneaking a photo without making the customers who are eating outside feel uncomfortable!)
Le menu!
The menu was quite extensive (especially the sushi menu.)  But fortunately, they had a picture along with a short description for each dish so that was very helpful in getting me through my indecisiveness. But honestly, I was pretty starving after getting out of the lab so everything on the menu looked quite enticing to me!

Dragon roll Eel, cucumber and avocado topped with tobiko

Hane Spicy Salmon
Roll topped with salmon marinated in some "special" sauce

I forgot the name of this dish but it was a roll topped with crab meat and tobiko .

Although people don't usually expect to get dessert at a restaurant that serves mainly sushi and sashimi dishes, we decided to take a look at their dessert menu and were pretty impressed with their unique desserts. I got to try green tea tempura ice cream for the first time and despite its weird name, it was surprisingly delicious! 

Green tea Tempura Ice Cream

The sushi here was pretty good and I really enjoyed the tempura ice cream (come on it's fried ice cream!) So if you are planning a casual sushi night around Stuyvesant Town area, give this place a try!





2 comments: