Monday, June 11, 2012

Julep Maven

So recently I've been noticing that beauty subscription ads are popping up all over the internet and that there is an increasing number of these subscription companies (Birchbox, Glossybox,  Myglam, to name a few.) For those of you who may not have heard of this program, it's basically a subscription service for beauty products: each month, members receive a box containing different beauty goods (usually sample size products.)
So for those of you who want to see what sort of products are out there, subscribing to one of these services may be a good way to test out different products and discover the ones that you like!

To be honest, I never really cared for these services. But one day, their online ad finally got to me and I decided to give it a try. The company I subscribed to was called Julep Maven and they specialize in nail/hand/foot care products.
This is what the box looks like.
These are what's inside the box: 2 nail colors, a sample size of pedicare cream, and a pair of toe separators
The products I received weren't random because when I was signing up online, they made me take a short test to see what type of 'girl' I was. I got American Beauty and that basically determined the fate of the box I got. (However, I heard that you can switch to a different category if you wanted. I just decided to stick with whatever I got from my test.) 
Here is a close-up of the two polish colors. Pretty!
So overall, I'm pretty satisfied with my first Julep box. But I don't think I'll be continuing with the subscription for a while since I did tell myself that I'll only do it just to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment