Thursday, May 31, 2012

Favorite Face masks!

This post may be boring to some of you but since summer has just begun and the weather is getting pretty hot, I wanted to share a few of my favorite face masks which I think work great for anyone.
Face mask can be a perfect treat for your skin and it's a quick and easy way to give it some hydrating boost, especially after a long, stressful week. 


Here are the boxes of the two face masks that I think are pretty amazing.


The first one is a Japanese product called Vitamin C Pore Control Mask by Elizabeth Poretol and it has a really cute packaging of a baby's face. This product is targeted to control your pores but the mask essence is full of Vitamin C and collagen so it's something your skin will appreciate in general. There is actually more than enough essence to saturate the mask in one bag so I like to dab the rest onto my neck and any dry areas of the skin. 

The only thing about this product is that it's really hard to find in the U.S. (I got mine when I was visiting Korea over the Summer.) I'll have to check more Asian cosmetic stores in the city and get back to this post. 


 The second item is SK-II's Derm Revival Mask. It's a conditioning essence mask infused with ingredients that even out skin tone and hydrate your skin to give it more radiance.
This is more of a high-end product and a lavish spend for me so I save it for the times when I need it the most (like after a long flight) but it's definitely a quality product that will really give your skin the nutrients it needs and it really makes your face glow the next morning! I saw this product in Bloomingdale's and Saks Fifth so it's definitely purchasable in the U.S.

My last favorite is a 100% all-natural facial treatment... Cucumber!!
It's a great D.I.Y. face mask which you can make right in your kitchen and all you need are a fresh cucumber and a nice kitchen knife. The trick is to cut the slices as thinly as you can (this takes practice) so that each piece is slightly transparent. If the slices are too thick, it won't stick to your face as nicely as it should. 
Cucumber works as a great treatment for troubled skin caused by sun exposure and acne and it's also full of minerals like silica that have anti-aging benefits. So try these at home unless you are allergic to cucumber! 

Again, thanks for reading my post! Hope it was helpful to some of you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment