Saturday, May 26, 2012

Christmas in NYC

This post is pretty off-season but I wanted to blog about it anyways because winter holiday is just exciting and fun all year around.
So when I was in PA before going off to college, my family and I used to visit the city during Christmas season. But I never spent Christmas in the city after college (when I'm actually living in Manhattan!) because I went back home to my family... But not this past Christmas!
This time I decided to stay in the city because my sister wanted to come over and spend Christmas here. So we had our mini-family get together, just the two of us, and explored the city during the holiday season.

This is the Christmas tree which is put up each winter at Washington Square Park.  This picture was taken on Christmas eve when we stopped by  the park after grabbing dinner. There was a ton of visitors and even carolers singing Christmas songs!

On Christmas day, we attended mass at St.Patrick's Cathedral by the Rockefeller center. We got there early to get good seats and the place was packed full even before the mass started. On the right is the gingerbread man my sister decorated and I also cooked up some deeelicious dinner for the holiday! 


Making chocolate chip scones for the first time!
The texture turned out to be more like a muffin but it was delicious nonetheless.
Et voila!
avocados cooked by my sis - Yumm!


Weird Coincidence! I ran into Elena, my friend of  over 10 years, on Christmas day! She happened to visit the city with her parents and it was such a pleasant surprise running into her. We met up again later to chat because she was actually studying abroad in France for a year and was just visiting the US for the holiday. So I could not miss this chance to catch up!


No comments:

Post a Comment