Sunday, May 27, 2012

East River Park - New favorite jogging route!

One of the favorite things I like to do in the city is running so I've been scavenging for new places to run for awhile. And a few days ago, I hit the jackpot!

East River Park is not your ordinary park with grass and trees. It's more like a long promenade along the East River and the view is just Amazing. I went for a run this morning and there were a lot of joggers, bikers, dog walkers and even people who kayak in the river.

The view running downtown. The bridge in the background is the Williamsburg Bridge and if you go further down, you will see the Manhattan Bridge and the Brooklyn Bridge.
 The park also has a lot of recreational facilities including a basketball court (picture above), baseball field, and a soccer field with a 400 meter track. 
So you can run even more if you'd like! 

There are a lot of benches and seating areas where you can take a rest. I saw a lot of people just chilling and sun tanning in the park.

 This is the view running back uptown. You can see the Empire State Building poking up next to the tree! I start my run on 23rd street, go down to the Williamsburg Bridge, and return back up the same path. I like to jog here in the morning because it can get pretty hot after about 11A.M.  


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment